Install WordPress Website
WordPress is undoubtedly the most popular content management system out there. According to recent stats, it powers around a third of the Internet with more than 74 million sites using it. That said, the quality of this content management system is only the beginning. Feature-wise, it is one of the most complete systems allowing a lot of flexibility for website owners, bloggers and companies of all sizes.
If you recently decided to install WordPress on your domain name but don’t know how, we are listing our quick 7-step plan to help you out.
- Step 1: Download WordPress – You need to download the WordPress package to your computer via this link – http://wordpress.org/download/ – and then unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your computer.
- Step 2: Upload To Your Hosting Account – There are different options for this. You can upload via FTP, via File Manager or via SSH and there are detailed instructions about each process online, for more informations contact with your web hosting company
- Step 3: Create Your MySQL Database And User – Log into cPanel and click the Database Wizard icon. Here, enter Next Step > Create User > All Privileges > Next Step and then Complete.
- Step 4: Configure the wp-config.php file – Log into your cPanel and navigate to the File Manager. Select Web Root and check the box for Show Hidden Files and then click Go. Click public_html to expand the folder, locate the wp-config-sample.php file and rename it. Then, replace the phrase with the name of the database you created.
- Step 5: Run the installation – Now, open a new browser window and navigate to the installation page to run the installation script. You will find the script at either of the following urls (com/blog/wp-admin/install.php or abc.com/wp-admin/install.php). You should now see a welcome page saying “Welcome to the famous five minute WordPRess installation process!”
- Step 6: Complete the installation – Fill in the fields for site name, username, password, email and select whether or not to have search engines index your site. Now, click Install Now and wait until you get to the final screen.
- Step 7: Congratulations – Once the ‘Success! WordPress has been installed’ message pops up, you have completed the installation!
We hope that this guide helped you learn how to install WordPress in the easiest way possible. Until next time!