This plugin creates the functionality of a WordPress website design contest! Adds two shortcodes and one widget, the css_gallery and nominee_form.
The first displays a site gallery from a category of your choice.
The second one generates a form for your users to submit their sites!
The widget displays a list of site titles of a specified category, within a specific margin of rating.
It offers many settings options, such as customizable rating image, color editor, featured image and thumbnail resizing, selection of image type and more!
- Adds a sites gallery shortcode with the capability to rate the displayed sites!
- Adds a submission form for visitors and users to submit their own creations
- Adds a custom post type for the sites
- The custom post type has its own template, in which users can rate also!
- Adds a custom taxonomy
- Generates an easy to understand settings page.
- Provides control of the dimensions of accepted featured image
- Provides control of the type of accepted featured image
- Calculates the thumbnail based on a percentage of featured image provided by the admin!
- Provides control of post status after user submission!
- Provides the choice of default category, if there is one!
- Provides an extra category tag for the users to choose and display to the post page!
- Provides control to the number of displayed stars for rating and the max rating
- Provides many pre-installed alternative rating images, or you can set your own!
- Provides control of rating image colors in any state and preview
- Finally, you can empty plugins database and delete all related posts with few clicks within the settings page.
– Download, install and Activate the plugin
– Create Categories
You must create some categories for the wp design awards, custom post type!The most often is: gallery (for general category), nominees and winners for subcategories in gallery! But after all is your choice!
Just go to Design awards, click to the Participants taxonomy, and create few categories!
*You can choose the default category in design awards settings page
– Go to the settings page and make your own adjustments and save them.
Before exiting the settings page, for safety, check if your adjustments saved well, if no, correct them and click again save! Is very important to have correct settings!
– Setting up pages
Of course you can use the shortcodes in posts, your convenience is the very reason for the creation of shortcodes. However is much more convenient to use this shortcodes in pages for easy access!
CSS GALLERY SHORTCODE
For displaying the gallery of a category, you must add a new page/post with the proper shorcode. Add a new page or post and type of copy/page (personally, i have saved the shortcodes as snippets. You don’t need to remember them!):
This is the simple version of this shortcode, there are some additional attributes:
sites_per_page (default 9 post per page)
no_pagination, accepts values true or false and if true it disables the pagination! The default is false.
NOMINEE FORM SHORTCODE
This is a simple one, you just add a page of post and use the shortcode [nominee_form] and save! So simple!
Errors and bug Reporting
Every application has its flaws and imperfections! If you experience any error related with the plugin. You must describe (in English or Greek) what you do before the error, and copy/paste the error message in your report.
Support & Consulting
We are able to offer commercial support and consulting services to help clients install, customize and integrate the plugin.
- Need help install the plugin?
- Need to customize the plugin or change the templates?
- Need extra functionality?
- Need integration with an another application?
We can help you! Whether it’s a simple installation, or a custom design and implementation of the plugin for an interactive site, we can help. Below we provide an indicative price list for common tasks.
Integrations, Upgrades & Migration
- Install and set-up WP Design Awards, limited customization. 70$ AUD
- Install and set-up WordPress using a pre-existing theme. 100$ AUD
- Setup WordPress and integrate the WP Design Awards 80$ AUD
- Integrate the WP Design Awards with your template 100$ AUD
- Troubleshooting and security. Please contact us
- Migrate site to new host. Please contact us
Initial contact is via e-mail, by filling the contact form below. We aim to respond to all e-mails within 48 hours, but please allow some time due to time differences (we are based in Australia Melbourne (GMT + 10).
All payment are made via PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer. These services do not require you to be a member to pay, and offer consumer protection.
We require a deposit prior to project commencement, with the full balance paid once the final site has been verified, prior to final uploading to your server.
The commencement of any work is subject to agreement to a few basic terms of service and a statement of deliverables.
Any data, templates and code incorporated into your website will remain your property under your licensing terms during and following any work we perform.
We will not retain any client data or server access information subsequent to completion of our work. However we do request that, you grant us only a temporary (S)FTP account, that is deleted or has its password changed once we have finished.
WP Design Awards code itself is released under the commercial license. You can use it however you wish under the license terms. After download this plugin, you can install it everywhere you like but you have to mention Plegmahost as original creator!